over 2 years ago
The Pennsylvania Department of Education has placed new regulations on school districts regulating birthday treats and classroom celebrations. In that respect we will no longer allow children to bring birthday treats. Furthermore, this change reflects the district's commitment to implementing goals outlined in our Wellness Policy. We will continue celebrating birthdays in the following ways:
- Recognize birthdays on the daily news and during the morning announcements
- Children may bring in non-food items to share with classmates
- Individual class traditions (i.e. sit in the teacher's chair) set by the classroom teacher
- Celebrate with the class through a birthday basket from our food service department (order form attached).
- Book donation to the school library with a nameplate recognizing the child's birthday (contact Alice Cyphers, school librarian.)
We appreciate your understanding with the implementation of this change. If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact our office.